Sleep is vital, especially for pregnant women.
Definitely! As soon as you get expected, you undergo a lot of body changes along with hormones. However, for healthy sleep, the right sleeping steps in pregnancy let you continue the steady rest. For comfortable rest, you need to know about how to use a pregnancy pillow.
Presently here you may get the updated knowledge about the use of maternity cushion. Also, you will come to know the using methods of different pregnancy pillow to help you out according to your situation.
Besides from this platform, you will get the clear-cut ideas about the variety of pillow positions to relax your body. Even you will be aware of how to use the maternity cushion for breastfeeding in this complete and to the point guide of how to use the pregnancy pillow.
When Should I Begin Using a Pregnancy Pillow?
There is no particular time to start the use of pregnancy pillow. Indeed you may use it from the first trimester to complete three trimesters. Even you may use it beyond pregnancy for superior quality sleep. No hard and fast rule to start the use of pregnancy pillow for all of you!
Most probably week 20 of pregnancy requires some extraordinary calmness to fight with all the discomforts of growing bump along with developing a baby. For you to improve your health even in tough pregnancy, this small accessory is VALUABLE for good naps.
Which Shape Pregnancy Pillow is Best?
To meet your needs, it’s in a variety of shapes to help you out from pains. Hereunder is a complete list.
1. The Wedge Pillow
The wedge pillow is to support your belly and back if you are the side sleeper or back sleeper. It’s a good investment to support the body while feeding your baby. The inflatable pregnancy pillow is useful to use for a tummy sleeper. More it’s the best pick to relief you and baby in your womb.
2. The Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
The full body pregnancy pillow is for side sleepers to calm the whole body to keep you healthy. Besides, it’s ergonomic and adjustable. However, it fits with the majority of body sizes and shapes.
3. The C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
The c-shaped pregnancy pillow is useful if you like to have the short term or long term bedding for your buttocks.
4. The J Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
The j-shaped pregnancy pillow is apt for use if you do not want to miss the place of your suppose in the bed. Strongly it supports your head, neck and back.
Along with shape awareness of pregnancy pillow, it’s size and firmness ease the use of it according to your requirements.
The bigger pillow needs more room in bed or needs king size/queen size bed.
The smaller cushion is comfortable to move to be portable.
Preferably choose the pillow according to your height. With average height, you may use a pad of 160-170cm, but for the taller height, you can use 250-350 cm.
5. The Firmness of Pregnancy Pillow
The firmness of pregnancy pillow is vital than its softness because it imparts more to comfort. You may have the support of the head and neck with right firmness of the pillow.
Which Material is Best for Pregnancy Pillow?
In addition, if you choose the right filling material for your comfort then you may achieve the high quality comfort from the use of pregnancy pillow straight away. Like shapes it has a lot of filling types like:
1. Polyester Fiber is soft as well as durable material. If your body used to heat up, then its good to absorb heat.
2. Styrofoam balls are cheaper and allow air to flow. So if you like a buoyant and flexible pillow, it’s good to use. For all light sleepers, it’s the correct option to avail.
3. Microbeads filling pillow are lightweight but not suitable to use for allergy-sensitive guys. On another hand, it does not have a washable pillowcase.
4. Memory Foam contour to all body shapes with fantastic support. Its machine washable and healthy to use for all! Shredded memory foam filling prevents overheating of your body. The choice is yours!
5. Buckwheat filling is prominent due to its hypoallergenic quality. It does not absorb heat — top of all its long lasting in life even more than a decade you can use it.
6. Water filling pregnancy pillow is for therapeutic use.
7. Organic filling of pregnancy pillow involves buckwheat, fibre, bamboo and kapok. It’s hugely appreciated for hypoallergenic quality.
If you need more information about pillow washing. Here is a complete guide about How to Wash Pregnancy Pillow
Thus you may start using any of the pregnancy pillows anytime according to your liking of its size, shape, firmness, and filling material.
Sleeping Positions During Pregnancy
To follow sleeping steps in pregnancy is valuable for the excellent health of the mother and her baby. A unique way to control all the pregnancy suffering is to follow the sleeping steps that control your all mechanical and medical issues wisely.
First of all, try to sleep on your side to relieve all your discomforts of pregnancy. The preferably left side is the best to have the first nap for you.
For better blood circulation, it works great! Also, for back pain due to developing baby’s body weight, it’s very active posture. Besides, it will not allow pressure on your uterus from the liver of the right side.
Secondly, always snuggle with a pillow. For strong support of your belly, still, place the pad under the stomach. With this posture, if you keep cushion under knees, it will be more productive in the direction of happy naps.
Thirdly for the congestion during maternity period use the best pregnancy pillow for the perfect balance and stability in a way that suits you more either as a side sleeper or back sleeper.
Fourthly develop the habit of calf stretches before bed with pregnancy cushion.
Fifthly, you may calm restless legs while placing on the pillow with its perfect firmness and softness.
Sixthly set the pillow to support your belly in a way that allows proper breathing.
Keep away all worries with the ideal day time routine and sleeping manners for a happy pregnancy.
Enjoy pleasant pregnancy with right sleeping!
So, sleeping steps for healthy pregnancy involves all the good habits along with specific body postures.
Best of all for all matters is the pregnancy pillow use that allows you the good naps no matter you are pregnant or not. Honestly, it’s beneficial for all of you with the right pillow positions.
Pillow Positions for Pregnancy
Keep yourself safe & sound with a healthy body with the correct view according to your choice!
Pillow positioning is valuable not only to sleep but for a happy life.
Do you think about the best position to sleep?
Indeed sleeping on the back in a neutral position is very good for you. It will calm your back and spine along with the head region. As a result, you have zero chances of pains. So its good to consider it!
Moreover, if you sleep while facing towards the ceiling is also resourceful for the relief of acidity.
If you are nervous about the significance of pillow for better sleep, then be aware of the fact that pillow is the MAIN thing to sleep in the right way. With the correct positioning of cushion here is many pillow positioning to inform you about the different styles to sleep in the improved method.
Significantly to lie on the bed, your spine ought to be in natural curve. For this set up of your body, you only need to ensure the exact alignment of the shoulder and hips as well as the head. Improper position of sleep may lead you for the back pain with unnecessary pressure on the neck and back.
All of you love to sleep with reduce back pain. Yes, some sleeping positions may help to treat your back pain and enhanced sleep.
1. Sleep on the Back with Knee Support
If you are with the end without any discomfort, then to sleep on your back with knee support is the most suitable for you.
Because this posture eventually distributes the weight of the body with its whole length. Similarly, it lessens the pressure points. Again it promises you ideal alignment of head, spine and neck.
Now why knee support you need for good sleep?
The most important natural curve of the spine is simple to align with this physical support.
How to sleep with this posture?
- Lie flat on your bed.
- Position pillow to support the head & neck.
- Use small cushion between knees.
Additionally, if your back has a gap between it and mattress, then place a small pillow under back to align it.
2. Side Sleep With a Pillow Between the Knees
The model posture is to sleep on your team for all of you to enjoy an active life. Instead of its pros, its main drawback is the lower back strain.
Anyways you may cover it while following the small steps of this posture.
- Set yourself on the bed while rolling you on one side.
- Support head and neck with cushion.
- Placed a little buffer between knees.
- For further body support, you may add one pillow under your waist.
3. Sleep in the Fetal Position
Interestingly it’s the appropriate sleeping position as it lowers the bending of the spine and opens the joints. It’s the most recommended pillow positioning for all of you who have herniated disc.
For this adopt the habits like
- Carefully roll yourself while lying on the bed
- Set the pillow for neck and head
- Draw up the knees to chest to straighten the back
4. Sleep on the Front by a Pillow Under the Stomach
In this position, abdomen, as well as hips, let you have the correct spinal alignment. Why it’s essential to consider?
Well for herniated disc disease/ degenerative disc its handy to recover energy. Great!
But how to get it?
- Roll yourself in bed on the front side.
- Keep pillow underneath abdomen and hip for raising mid part of the body.
- Use a thin pad under the head.
5. Sleep on the Front with the Head Face Down
Its simple to sleep on the front but create stress on the neck and back with the twist of the spine. To lay face down with front sleep angle boost up the breathing. You may achieve it in the odd situation just by placing a pillow under the stomach.
Achieve it straight away!
- Keep a slim pillow under the stomach and hips after lying on the front side.
- Put a pillow under the forehead for apt breathing room between mouth and mattress.
In the same way, sleep on the back with recline position is also useful to adopt. Some sleeping positions are healthy to adopt, while some are not.
The appropriate sleeping position for mother & unborn baby is to lay on the side with bent knees. It’s suitable for enough oxygen to the baby in the mother’s womb.
To avoid the heartburn, set the pillow in sitting position half way for good sleep.
With the progression of pregnancy, it’s dangerous to sleep on back as it results in the lower BP of mom and insufficient blood flow to the baby as well. Also, this posture may cause breathing and digestive issues. Even Hemorrhoids are common due to this type of sleeping posture.
How to Use a Pregnancy Pillow for Breastfeeding?
To nurse a baby is so simple with pregnancy cushion only. For a better feed to the beloved one, the pregnancy pillow is most useful for inexperienced moms even.
1. Decide Position
Finalize the position while having precise knowledge about the situation that suits you more. Either you like to feed the first baby or the second one, always you have to responsive of the sitting or lying position that will suit you to nurse baby properly.
2. Pillow Setting in Lap
Keep Pillow in Your Lap for baby comfort. Noticeably place the pillow on the side that suits you for breastfeeding.
3. Set Baby on the Pillow
Position the infant on the pad gently. You need to be sure about the comfort and safety of the baby on the cushion.
4. Put your Hand Under the Baby Neck
Place Your Hand under Baby’s neck/back and adjust your hand to set face of the baby towards you while setting the end of the baby on the pillow to calm him/her.
5. Begin Feeding
When the baby is comfortable in adjustment on the pillow, bring him/her close to your breast gently. After this, you start feeding. Remember if your baby is on bottle feed then always keep it in an inclined position to drain milk in baby’s mouth safely.
Nursing while lying on side demands pillow on your side. Thus put the cushion on the front and adjust the baby on it.
Hence for the secure feed of baby pregnancy pillow is productive enough to soothe mother and infant together even after pregnancy. Awe-inspiring!
How to Use Pregnancy Pillow in Bed?
The different pregnancy pillow is different in use. To know it continues reading.
Wedge Pregnancy Pillow is highly user-friendly.
- You may take its full benefits by just placing its sloppy parts towards or under the tummy plus flat base of it on the downside of the bed.
- Place it under the pillow with the lower side to support neck an avoid acidity.
- Next, set the pillow to fit snugly and secure your belly in the right way.
The full body pregnancy pillow is the entire package improved sleep.
- For right outputs of it put straight part of the pad to your back. Still, move the bumpy part in front.
- With a hug to the pillow, you naturally relax your body to support the chest.
- While the head alignment support neck and back with the right adjustment.
- Then put the final part of it between the legs for knee’s support.
Unquestionably this full body maternity cushion is fully productive with its correct usage and better body alignment.
J-Shaped pregnancy pillow when nighttime discomforts hurt you its time to set the j-shaped pillow in the following way.
- Place its longer side of it around back.
- Keep its larger team under top leg.
- Then hug it to support again, knees and shoulders.
The u-shaped pregnancy pillow is suitable for you if you want full body support on the long and wide bed.
- Place it on the bed.
- A hug from its one arm.
- Place your back on another side.
If you want to flip, its side turns it on the alternative side. Also, to sleep on your back, it’s beneficial. Overall to know the way to use the pregnancy pillow on the bed, you need to consider the following points.
- For the best sleep during pregnancy, you need to lie on the side. Then put a paw on top of the pillow. This posture allows for enhanced blood circulation. And it prevents the leg swelling and joint aches.
- For twenty weeks of pregnancy, put the pillow underbelly for more safety.
- To stretch your bump’s weight, never lie on the back while supporting your belly with a pregnancy pillow.
- Prevent the shoulder pain just by encouraging your chest with a pregnancy pillow.
- More suitably hug the maternity cushion while you sleep being pregnant.
- Support your head and neck for the balance proportion.
- Sleeping on your back for the first trimester is highly valuable because, with this posture, you support thighs while keeping legs free. Also, it pops up the blood circulations with sufficient oxygen transmission.
Can I Use a Pregnancy Pillow If I’m Not Pregnant?
Tune up the good life with pregnancy pillow even if you are not pregnant! If it’s been many long hours to sleep unhealthy with regular pillows, then it’s the point to notice the pillow type.
Truly pregnancy pillow is for the good naps for all of those who love to sleep comfortably at any cost. It’s with many therapeutic benefits helps you to heal soon from injury, surgery, sciatica and other medical issues. Even it’s flexible enough to sit and lie either you are with a big tummy and small body.
If you are passionate about reading and LCD watching, then it’s first choice to pick for all of you. The pregnancy pillow usage is the ONLY reliable source that guarantees you the active life with sound mind & body.
Remembering my days of back pain and snoring when I want to be without both as soon as possible. Later on, my friend mentions the pregnancy pillow for healthier naps. From that day December 2015, I am using it. No more back pain suffering. And no snoring at all.
Now I can enjoy day and night equally with it for odd hours. I could not imagine life without it!
To me, nothing is better than the pregnancy pillow.
It’s not magic, but TRUE. You need to be smart for the best experience irrespective of pregnancy.
So, either you want to remove all discomforts of the night or the fatigue of body –pregnancy pillow is excellent for all days and nights. Happy naps with it forever in every budget!
100% it worth’s more than its price.
How to Sleep With a Small Pregnancy Pillow?
To sleep with a small pregnancy pillow like a wedge cushion is more straightforward than others. Put aside its slop beneath the stomach. Later on, you need to place the flatter side of it down to bed. However, it helps you to get the support for the belly.
Then put it to snuggle straightway. This highly adaptable posture relaxes you a lot even with a small maternity pad. It’s easy to use with MASSIVE benefits with its small size and flexibility in qualities.
In short, using the pregnancy pillow is profitable with its practical and more comfortable use through a correct and reliable guide on how to handle a pregnancy pillow.
Well, to be healthy pregnant women, it’s exceptional to know pregnancy pillow use. For good health of your unborn baby, you need to pillow types and shape for the apt usage. To keep yourself out of the risk along with baby, you have to adopt the most suitable sleeping position.
Never adopt the sleeping position with a cushion that harms you and your baby.
However, this guide is helpful with complete information on how to use pregnancy pillow for maximum turnouts.