Sciatica is another type of pain it may occur due to inflammation or pressure from your back makes your sciatic nerve pain. The sciatica is not caused by your baby pressing on a nerve. It is most often caused by damage to a disc in your spine leading to swelling around the nerve. Sciatica is the longest nerve in the human body and this pain comes when you feel irritation of the sciatic nerve. Most commonly this pain caused by the compressed nerve in the lower spine. It is the longest nerve in the human body that runs from the lower back, through the buttocks, and down the legs, ending just below the knee.
Causes Of Sciatica Pain in Pregnancy
Pregnancy doesn’t lead you to this pain but it may come with heavy lifting and activities that make your whole body vibrate, such as operating machinery, are the most common triggers for sciatica. In pregnancy normal pain and aches are common but if you do heavy work while you are pregnant then it may cause sciatica pain and it may lead you discomforts while you are sleeping or taking rest. If you sit or sleep in a single position you love that it may cause this pain.
One other reason for this pain during pregnancy is, growing uterus and fetus put pressure on the sciatic nerve. This pain comes with many causes like leg pain, Boor bladder control, Lower back, and leg pain, and also a pain in worsens with coughing, moving or sneezing.
These are some causes of this pain or you can say symptoms of this pain. this pain is very common in pregnancy and it may go away it’s own or you can get relief from this just by doing little home duties. In some women, Sciatica pain severe that they can’t even walk properly and if you can’t sleep properly then this pain doesn’t let you sleep either.
- It is almost impossible to sleep with this pain also. Usually, this pain occurs in 3rd trimester when your belly is growing. Some women only feel this pain on one side or though you may feel in both legs.
- This pain varies from normal to sharp burning sensation or excruciating pain. It can be worse when you cough or sneeze. In most cases, this pain only feels on one side of your body that is affected.
- Usually, sciatica nerve compressed by a tumour or with a disease like diabetes, etc.
- This pain also comes when you lift heavy objects or put heavy objects in your pockets or sitting for a long time on a hard surface.
- Tingling sensation in foot and toes.
- You feel discomfort anywhere along with nerve path.
Now many of you want to know about that is there any solution to get relief from this pain I am going to tell you this also. Stay here with me.
How do I get Relief from Sciatica During Pregnancy?
If you want to get rid of this pain then there are many ways from which you can get relief from this pain. I am going to tell you about this also stay here with me.
- Try to use the warm pad on that part of the body where you feel more pain.
- Do stretching like table stretch, Seated piriformis, Standing hamstring stretch. By doing this you may get relief from this pain.
- Have a massage therapy on the complete body this will also help you to get rid of this pain.
- Do gentle exercises like yoga, swimming, cycling, and brisk walking. All this exercise will give you relief from this pain.
- Place a best pregnancy pillow or cushion in between your knees while sleep on your any side, This will also help you to get rid of this pain.
- Avoid pushing or pulling, lifting heavy objects this will let you get relief from this pain.
- Avoid wearing high heel shoes and try to wear flat heels shoes.
- Sleep on your left side and you can also sleep on your right side but for pregnant women left side is better.
Best Pregnancy Pillows For Sciatica Pain 2020
There are some of the best pillows that you can buy to get relief from sciatica pain.
1. ComfiLife Orthopaedic Knee Pillow
This is the best pillow that you can use to reduce sciatica pain. This pillow is designed in such a way that it fits between your knees and gives support to your legs and knees and also helps you to reduce pressure on your lower back. This pillow is designed in such a way that it takes many days to you for its adjustment and it doesn’t give you all support but only giver support to your lower back and let you sleep comfortably in the night. If you use this pillow it will help you to align your hips and knees into their same position.
ComfiLife Orthopedic comes with 100% premium quality durable memory foam which provides long-lasting comfort and sleeps for hours. It is better and amazing than other pregnancy pillows it doesn’t go flat over time. Its ergonomic contoured design keeps your legs, hips, and knees align and you get proper sleep in the night without any problem and also it helps in blood circulation. Viscoelastic memory foam responds to body heat and pressure conforming to the body’s contours and then returns to its original shape.
Orthopedic knee pillow comes with a breathable cover and it helps pillow not to get warm and its removable cover is machine washable. You can use this pillow only if your doctor recommends it. Having sciatica pain interrupts your sleep and also a bad alignment of your body parts while you are pregnant. By using this pillow you can get a night of better sleep and eliminate multiple pains that you are suffering with.
- It eliminates all pains that you are suffering especially sciatica.
- Designed in such a way that it easily fits between your legs and knees.
- It comes with removable washable cover and you can easily wash it.
- Gives long-lasting comforts and sleep.
- Reduce pressure on your lower back, hip, and knees and give you proper sleep in the night.
2. Hangarone Heart-Shaped Knee Pillow
Hangarone Heart-Shaped Knee Pillow which also helps you in getting relief from this pain. It is designed in such a way that you can easily sleep in the night and it also helps your hips, back, and spine aligned and improve blood circulation so you can get comfy sleep at night and get rid of sciatica pain.
It comes with 100% durable cut memory foam and it let you sleep easily and it doesn’t get flat if you sleep for a long time. You can use this pillow in many ways like you can put this pillow between your knees or place it under your thighs to get relief from any pain in a specific area.
This pillow can also be used as a knee spacer during your pregnancy and it comes with machine washable cover with zipping off and on. Its amazing and unique design easily fits between your knees and you can get comfort at night and also you can get rid of all types of pains that you are facing during your pregnancy, The most important thing about this pillow you can use this to get reduce sciatica pain while you are pregnant.
- Easily fit between your knees and under tighs to get proper sleep in the night.
- It comes with machine washable cover and 100% durable cut foam allows you to sleep easily.
- Advanced design keeps your Legs, Buttocks, And Spine aligned.
- It helps you to reduce Stress On The Lower Back.
3. Julvie Donut Tailbone Pillow
Another type of pillow that you can use to get relief from sciatica pain is Julvie Donut pillow and it comes with ultra-premium high-density memory foam that will not flatten or deflate with prolonged use like inflatable cushions, temperature, and pressure sensors will contour to the body’s shape to provide optimal comfort.
It helps you to get rid of all types of pains that you are facing and increase comforts while you are sleeping and if you are sitting idle or reading a book or watching Tv. Hygenic machine washable cover and it is very easy to wash. With its removable cover, it is very easy to wash this pillow. But make your you don’t wash pillow because its fabric gets ruined or damaged if you wash it. Only its cover is machine washable.
- Reduce all pains that a pregnant mother is facing and increase comforts.
- Design in such a way that it gives proper support to every part of the body.
- It comes with machine washable cover just zipping on and off.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Sleep With Sciatica While pregnant?
There are many different ways to sleep while you are pregnant but it is very hard to sleep while you are suffering from sciatica pain. But if you want to get rid of this pain then there are many ways. You can use pregnancy pillows or if you don’t want to use them then there are few ways in which you can sleep. Some of them are given below.
- Lie flat on your bed and your whole body is contacted with the bed, Your knees must be bend slightly towards the ceiling. In this way, you can get proper sleep while you are suffering from sciatica.
- If you side sleeper then you must need an extra pillow so you can put em between your legs and your knees this reduces pressure on your spine and you can get sound sleep.
- You must have found a better pillow to support your neck, shoulder, and head coz your head has a direct impact on your neck. Finding a perfect pillow for this also give you relief from this pain when you are sleeping.
- You must find some better surface to sleep while you are suffering from sciatica pain, try to sleep on the mattress, It will also help you to get relief from this pain.
Can Sciatica in Pregnancy Harm the Baby?
No, Sciatica pain in pregnancy doesn’t harm your baby. This pain causes when your sciatica never pressed by your growing uterus. This nerve is the longest nerve in the human body and it runs from the lower back to your foot. Your pregnancy dont lead you to this pain or high risk of damaging your disc in your spine. It causes by lifting heavy objects or by operating machinery. While you are pregnant you may do some heavy works or lift heavy objects that may cause sciatica pain.